Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Brant Gets Older



Would you look at that cloud of smoke? Yes, you count 31 candles. I can't believe I have celebrated 9 birthdays with him. But what a wonderful thing it has been! I have loved watching him "grow up" as much as I have the kids, and I wouldn't trade those 9 pineapple upside-down cakes for the world. And, you know he loves me when all he wanted for his birthday was to take a half day off of work to go skiing with his wife. And his not very good wife (some of you may know that). I do think his main reason in insisting that I be the one to go with him and not one of his friends that actually enjoys the sport is so that he can get a good laugh. His skill level far surpasses mine, and he delights in watching me attempt moguls. The key word there is attempt. This time I didn't notice that we were heading into some, and ended up in some trees with my skies buried by 6 inches of powder. I think the people on the lift above me enjoyed watching that too. But, we had an enjoyable afternoon together. Sorry I forgot to take the camera, so you can't see any pictures. Anyway, happy birthday Brant, we love you!