Friday, October 5, 2012

Indiana Bones; Taking advantage of free community events

Life gets hectic and sometimes I forget to try and make it fun! Especially for the kids. Tonight, however, I succeeded. Just last night I read an email from my girls' school librarian informing us of a free library event. I remembered (thank you phone calendars) and we made it only about 5 minutes late. The kids loved it, and I started thinking, "Why don't I take more advantage of these free activities that communities offer?" Well, mostly because it's hard to remember and get organized enough to make them happen. From now on though, I am seriously going to try harder to get the kids out to more events like this. Really this guy was fun. Even the neighbor boy that came with us expressed his enjoyment more than once. Of course, since we were running late I forgot my camera and I don't have a cool phone with a nice camera on it.
Here is a link to his site though.
http://www.storyteller.net/tellers/mmccartney



No comments: